New TPM: Total Productive Maintenance
Who Should Attend:
Experienced or new team leads, managers and senior managers.
At the end of the programme, participants will learn how to :
1. Achieve leaner organizational structures and reduce cost
2. Rigorously reappraise the way things are done - towards simplification
3. Improve performance through the use of appropriate measurement
4. Handle changes as a result of having to do things differently
5. Instill upon the concept continuous improvement
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
1. What is a World Class Organization?
2. TPM Definition
3. Features of TPM
4. Origins of TPM and comparison with TQM and Traditional Maintenance
5. TPM principles
6. Eight Major Pillars of TPM
6.1. Autonomous maintenance
- Process, Objectives, and Empowerment
6.2. Equipment and process improvement and Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Equipment losses, Manpower losses, OEE Calculation, other losses
6.3. Planned maintenance
- Definition of a plan
6.4. Early Management of New Equipment
- Relationship with Ergonomics
6.5. Process Quality management
- Understanding process quality related statistics & computation
6.6. TPM in administrative and support departments
- How to get others to be involved?
6.7. Education and training
- Communication, team formation, problem solving
6.8. Safety and environmental management
7. TPM implementation
- 3 requirements for fundamental improvement
- 12 implementation steps & 4 phases
8. TPM benefits – tangible and intangible
2 days ( 9.00am~ 5.00pm)
SMF Member: $590
Course fees before GST
Note that purchases of goods and services from GST-registered businesses before 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 7%, and purchases on or after 1 Jan 2023 will be subject to GST at 8%.
Note: Eligible company may qualify for course funding
Completed O-level and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.