Practical Manufacturing Productivity & Cost Improvement Process (Online)
Today, we have the knowledge and experience needed for the successful management of organization however there is probably no field of human endeavor where the always tremendous gap between the knowledge and performance of great organizations and the knowledge and performance of the average is wider or more intractable. Taking a closer look at the demise of organizations, it is argued that issues relating to productivity and/or cost improvement results are a main cause. This programme aims to narrow the gap.
Who Should Attend:
Experienced or new team leads, managers and senior managers.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the concept, the process and functions of productivity and cost,
and to review their role within the organization
2. Obtain vital perspective in the concept of Value Add
3. Compare and benchmark organization performance with others (regardless of
industries) nationally, regionally and internationally
4. Manage cost better with better focus
5. Acquire knowledge on better understanding of subordinates and superiors
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
1. Definition and concept of productivity
2. The understanding of a “good target” or BDP
3. Smart, Realistic and Challenging targets
4. The role of attitude in Performance Matrix
5. Introduction to team
6. The handling of teams
7. Human side of management – from Mayo’s lens
8. Survey on the differences between the “wants” of subordinate-superior
9. The causes of subordinates’ problems
10. The analyses of M factors: hierarchy, intrinsic/extrinsic, and expectancy
11. The use of M factors in solving problems
12. Work measurement in enhancing productivity
13. Time study
14. A model for practical allowances
15. Quality Assurance and Control
16. Effective utilisation of QC Tools
17. The concept of fool-proofing
18. Comparison between prevention and inspection
19. Kaizen and continuous improvement
20. Ideas and Practices in Kaizen
21. Benefits of Kaizen implementation
22. Relationship between productivity and cost
23. The international concept of VA in cost and productivity improvement
24. Advantages of VA
25. The linkage of VA with 4Ms and beyond in cost control
26. The 6 major indicators in productivity and cost management
2 days (9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
SMF Member: $540
Price above is GST inclusive
Note: Eligible company may qualify for course funding
Completed O-level and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
– At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
– No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
– Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
– Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
6. SMF Centre for Corporate Learning Pte Ltd has a Data Protection Policy which provides more information about how we collect, use and disclose your personal data. Please click the link below to know more.
1. The candidate has the right to disagree with the assessment decision made by the assessor.
2. When giving feedback to the candidate, the assessor must check with the candidate if he agrees with the assessment outcome.
3. If the candidate agrees with the assessment outcome, the assessor & the candidate must sign the Assessment Summary Record.
4. If the candidate disagrees with the assessment outcome, he/she should not sign in the Assessment Summary Record.
5. If the candidate intends to appeal the decision, he/she should first discuss the matter with the assessor/assessment manager.
6. If the candidate is still not satisfied with the decision, the candidate must notify the assessor of the decision to appeal. The assessor will reflect the candidate’s intention in the Feedback Section of the Assessment Summary Record.
7. The assessor will notify the assessor manager about the candidate’s intention to lodge an appeal.
8. The candidate must lodge the appeal within 7 days, giving reasons for appeal together with the appeal fee of $108.00 (inclusive of 8% GST).
9. The assessor can help the candidate with writing and lodging the appeal.
10. The assessment manager will collect information from the candidate & assessor and give a final decision.
11. A record of the appeal and any subsequent actions and findings will be made.
12. An Assessment Appeal Panel will be formed to review and give a decision.
13. The outcome of the appeal will be made known to the candidate within 2 weeks from the date the appeal was lodged.
14. The decision of the Assessment Appeal Panel is final and no further appeal will be entertained.
15. Please click the link below to fill up the Candidates Appeal Form.