Strategic Production Planning, Scheduling and Control
Who Should Attend:
1. Professionals seeking in-depth knowledge on production planning and control.
2. Those wish to review the important concepts in production planning and control.
3. This programme is also suitable for employees hoping to boost productivity and collaboration in production planning.
1. Introduction to production planning and control
- Purpose of production planning, order sequencing, production scheduling and production control
- Manufacturing operation process - production philosophy
- Advantages of production control
- Sources of production control
- Characteristics of modern manufacturing management - MRP II process
2. Frame work of production planning and control
- Problems faced by production managers in diverse manufacturing units
- Resolving the issues
- Strategies for production planning and control
3. Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Forecasting and demand management
- Master production scheduling (MPS) activity
- Symptoms of MPS
- Aggregate planning
- Work exercises
4. Capacity Requirement Planning
- Capacity management and planning
- Types of capacity planning
- Factors affecting facility and capacity planning
5. Materials Requirement Planning (MRP II)
- MRPII overview
- Independent and dependent demands
- Materials planning process
6. Inventory Control (IC)
- Inventory planning involving management and control
- Finished good inventories control
- Calculations on lot order sizing
7. Production Scheduling and Technique
- Scheduling objectives
- Job scheduling –Forward/Back scheduling
- Input/Output control
- Dispatching rules –FIFS, ODD, SPT. etc
- Critical ratio rule
8. Theory of constraint (TOC) principles
- What is TOC?
- Bottleneck and non bottleneck resources
- Generic TOC principles
- Drum-buffer-rope (DBR) scheduling
9. Just-In-Time Manufacturing
- Principles of JIT
- Identify the causes of JIT wastes
- JIT manufacturing key activities and its features
- JIT implementation and its draw back.
- Continuous improvement
- The primary causes of inventories
- Schedule released and planned areas
Price above is GST inclusive
Note: Eligible company may qualify for course funding
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
Completed PSLE and are able to speak, read and write in basic English'
Some experience in production and operations
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. An administrative fee of $60 (GST inclusive) will be imposed if notice is received less than 2 weeks.
3. If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
4. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments.
- Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
5. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
6.When a course is cancelled, fails to commence or fails to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
7. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 5 days prior to course commencement.
8. SMF reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or postpone the event without prior notice and full refund will be given under such circumstances. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof. Please approach your account manager for more queries.