Value Stream Mapping
Value Stream Mapping is a powerful visualization tool to see and understand the flow of material and information as a product or service makes its way through the value stream, and to identify the non-value adding activities and waste present within the organisation. The mapping process results in a detailed overview of the production or service delivery flow and focuses attention on Lean concepts and the application of Lean methods enabling targeted Kaizen activities.
Who Should Attend:
Experienced or new team leads, managers and senior managers.
This programme provides participants with the practical application of the Value Stream Mapping (VSM) to any process.
At the end of this 2-day programme, participants will be able to:-
1. explain the concept and tools of Value Stream Mapping
2. list the essential Value Stream Mapping techniques to control the process
3. use the VSM tools at their workplace to reduce process variability and non-value-add activities
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
1. Introduction to Process Mapping
- Purpose and Application
- Primary and Secondary Process
2. Types of Process Map
- Business Process
- Understanding Wastes
- Supplier-Input-Process –Output- Customer (SIPOC) Map
- Spaghetti Diagram and Construction
3. Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Define Value Stream Mapping
- Benefits of a Value Stream Map
- TPM AND Pull Principles Concept
- Review definition of Value Added and Non-Value Added work
- Construct a Value Stream Map Current State and Future State
- Understand the process for prioritizing the opportunities to eliminate waste and reduce
variation using Value Stream Mapping
2 days ( 9.00am ~ 5.00pm)
Price above is GST inclusive
Note: Eligible company may qualify for course funding
Completed O-level and are able to speak, read and write in basic English
An applicant must be at least 18 years of age on admission to the programme.
1. All notice of withdrawal must be given in writing before the issuance of letter of confirmation. Once confirmation letter is sent to participant, no cancellation will be allowed or penalty charges will apply.
If notice of withdrawal is received:
- At least 1 week before commencement of the course, a 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 20% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, a 30% of the full course fee will be charged. For government-funded course, a 30% of full course fee before funding will be charged.
- No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded course, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
2. For all government-funded programmes (WSQ & Non-WSQ), funding is only applicable to:
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Participants who have achieved at least 75% attendance and passed all required assessments
Full course fee will be charged to participants who fail to meet the above-mentioned criteria.
3. When a course is cancelled, fail to commence or fail to complete under unforeseen circumstances, participant is allowed to defer the intake at no cost or withdraw from the course; under such situation, a full refund of the advance payment will be given.
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, not less than 5 days before the course commencement date.
5. SMF CCL reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.